When I bought the Lifeline Exercise Bike 102 a couple of years ago, it was primarily for two reasons. First reason was that it sounded easier to sit on an exercise bike and pedal rather than running outside or even on a treadmill. I never really was fat but had started to accumulate some fat around my waist that I so much hated. Idea was to do some light working out in order to get rid of that fat, wasn’t really thinking about a six pack abs or anything. So the idea of an exercise bike sounded lucrative. After doing a lot of research, I settled on the Lifeline exercise bike 102 mostly because it was cheap. Having never used an exercise bike before, I had no idea how it was going to be, or how long I was going to continue working out, so rather than investing a lot of money I first decided to buy a product that wasn’t going to cost me too much. Back then, I bought this bike for about Rs. 3500 and price is still around this figure. This was a couple of years ago post which I got a little serious about working out, joined a gym and went into the whole bodybuilding mode. Since then, I have used two more exercise bikes that better suited my needs but Lifeline 102 was the first exercise equipment that I bought.
Like everything else in the world, this bike has its pros and cons. The biggest advantage in my opinion is that it is without doubt the cheapest exercise bike available in Indian market right now. You will not find another with a lower price. Specifications of this bike are as below,
- Brand -: Lifeline
- Model no -: 102
- Color -: Black
- Frame: Steel frame construction.
- Display -: Electronic meter displays time, distance, calories burned, speed and scan.
- Resistance Level -: Manual Tension Knob for Resistance Adjustment.
- Seats -: Heavy Padded Seats + Adjustable Height.
- Handle Bars -: Fixed Handle Bars, Ergonomic adjustable-reach arms with padded grips.
- Adjustment: Easy to adjust seat and handle position.
- Wheel -: Cooling Fan
- Supported User Weight -: 100 Kg
- Net Bike Weight -: 16 Kg
- Foldable -: Yes
Let us discuss the pros of this bike first.
- Cheap: As I discussed earlier, this is the cheapest exercise bike available in Indian market as of now. If you are on a tight budget or new to the concept of working out and want to first try it without spending too much money, this bike is for you.
- Compact Size: It doesn’t take too much space, trust me this bike is really small in length. You can just put it in a corner and it won’t bother you.
- Easy to assemble: If you bought it from a shop, they may assemble it for you but If you are buying it online like I did, they will deliver you the box but no one would be visiting to assemble it and you will have to do the task yourself. This bike is really to assemble, comes with all the necessary tools you would need to put it together. It is like a jigsaw puzzle, all you need to do is figure out which part goes where and screw it in.
- Doesn’t make too much noise: I was surprised that this bike was quiet silent, didn’t make too much noise which I kind of expected when I put it together.
- Light Weight: It is light in weight so easy to move around.
- Good Cardio: Pedal hard and fast and it provides good cardio.
Let us take a look at the cons:
- Gets a little uncomfortable: It gets really hard to sit on it for a longer duration, seat isn’t really that comfortable. If you just intend to workout for 20-30 minutes, it would be okay but after that you butt would start to hurt.
- Cooling fan doesn’t work: It says that it comes with a cooling fan but you would hardly feel a wisp of air. Its almost non-existent.
- Calorie Meter is not accurate: The calorie meter is kind of cheap and doesn’t provide true numbers. In half an hour of easy pedaling, it would tell you that you burnt 1000 calories which is kind of impossible.
- Resistance tape: The resistance band/tape on the wheel wears off rather quickly and you would have to call someone from lifeline to replace it.
This product is available online as well at a price that is lower than what you will find in the market. Please click at the links below to review the prices and but product if interested from either Flipkart or Amazon India.
CLICK HERE to review the product at Flipkart.Com
CLICK HERE to review the product at Amazon India
Final conclusion is that it is a good product for its price range. Provides a good light workout at home without burning a hole in your pocket. I would definitely recommend it.