I actually bought this Dell KB216 keyboard by mistake. I had asked my friend to get me a wireless keyboard and mouse combo but he instead bought a wireless keyboard. The way my computer is set up is that I have a self-assembled CPU attached to my 40 inches TV. That TV acts as a monitor and the CPU is assembled underneath it, hidden in a corner. So a wired keyboard actually becomes a bit of a problem for me due to which, I have been using a wireless keyboard and mouse for several years now.
The last one I was using was an HP Keyboard and Mouse combo but after about 2-3 years of use, the keyboard started to give little trouble. On a Sunday, a friend of mine was in the market and I asked him if he could pick me a keyboard as well. I told him my keyboard was giving trouble and he misunderstood that I just needed a keyboard. Hence, he bought me a wired one.
Dell KB216 Review
Is it problematic for me? Yes, because now I have to sit a little close to a 40 inches screen while working on the blog or writing articles or doing anything else on the computer. But that is only because of the way my entire set up is. If it would just have been a normal computer or a laptop that I needed the keyboard for, I would have highly recommended a Dell KB216. This is a perfect lightweight, compact and very smooth keyboard. It comes with an easy USB connection and the keys are really smooth to press and well organized. It is just really what a standard keyboard looks like, with just the right amount of keys well layed out and no unnecessary buttons anywhere. After using it for a while, below are some pros and cons I have come across.
Dell KB216 Pros:
- It has excellent build quality. I dropped the keyboard once already but nothing really happened.
- It has all the required and necessary buttons with the number-pad at the right side.
- The buttons are very smooth and easy to press.
- It comes with a good and lengthy enough cable of 1.5 meters.
- There are two small stands behind the keyboard to incline it a little while typing.
- Bright white lights for Num lock, Caps lock and Scroll lock are provided.
- Rubber stoppers at the base that prevent it from sliding over your table.
- 1 Year replacement warranty by dell as per dell’s warranty & replacement policy. Kindly go through the user manual for better understanding.
- Hotkeys function: volume, mute, play/pause, backward, forward
- The convenient multimedia keys let you easily access functions such as play, pause, rewind and fast-forward plus volume control
Dell KB216 Cons:
- While I added the smoothness of the keys as a pros, it could take some getting used to for hard keyboard users.
- It is a little on the costlier side. You can get keyboard less by a couple of hundred bucks by other companies but the extra money spend is actually worth it.
- Some people may feel the need for a palm rest which isn’t provided with this keyboard. It actually has a palm rest but that is available for separate purchase.
- It is a great keyboard for typing and normal use but is not suitable for gaming.
Its online price is just above 500 bucks but my friend bought it for Rs. 450, not sure how that happened. But if you do not mind spending a little extra money, then this keyboard is definitely worth every single penny. I hope the review above was of help. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and I will be glad to answer. if you have used this keyboard, then do let me know your views. Try using the HP Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo if you want a wireless one. I used it for almost 3 years without any problem at all. Even right now there is just one H key that has gotten a little hard, rest is all fine.