Where to stay in Spiti and best hotels is one of the most frequent questions I get asked so thought to put together this information on one page. Below is a list of some good hotels in Spiti valley; actually on the entire circuit. Name and feedback was provided by other fellow travelers who went to the region and were kind enough to share feedback.
Recommended and Best Hotels in Spiti
Hotels at Kalpa
- Hotel Rakpa Regency – Contact person is Rajkumar @ 080453255038. Room rent is around 800 (whatever he say just bring him down to 800 bucks). They have hotels in Chitkul , Nako as well (rate same . ask rajkumar to call Mr. Negi at Nako )
- Kinner Villa – Clean, comfortable, well located and great view of Kinner Kailash. Little expensive for facilities provided.
Hotels at Kaza
- Hotel Delek House – Contact Person, Shirling @ 094597 03488
- Hotel Deyzor – An excellent place, and the food is incredible (even grown in their own greenhouse). Well located, with good amenities, and high attention to detail. Karan, the proprietor, is a great guy & friend.
Hotels at Rampur
- HPTDC Bushar Residency – Clean & reasonable.
Hotels at Chitkul
- Samaa Resorts – Run by a warm couple. Very nice location, good food, homely feel.
Hotels at Nako
- Kinner Camps – Swiss tents. Great location (above lake and near viewpoint), good food. Can spend time with Sangha the friendly Tibetan Mastiff.
Hotels at Tabo
- Tashi Khangsar (same owner as Tiger’s Den). Clean, comfortable, good lawn & location (behind town centre and monastery, but not on main road either).
Camps at Chandratal
- Parasol Tents – Nice hospitality and food. Bishen, the proprietor, is a warm & humorous host.
These are just a few to mention. I will continue updating the list as I receive feedback from other travelers. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask in the comments section below; or at our Community Forum and I will be glad to answer.