Traveling to Ladakh by public transport seems to be gaining a lot of popularity in recent years. It was not really a popular or a good choice until a few years ago; but after recent boost in tourism, a lot of people have started to travel here by either a Bus or shared taxi. If you too were planning a trip to Ladakh this year; and have been thinking about traveling by local buses, then below is the schedule of the Ladakh Bus Service in year 2018 – 19. This is actually a picture of the board put up at the main bus stand in Leh city itself that a friend of mine clicked and sent me. The schedule including fare per person and the frequency is mentioned in the picture below.
Please click on the picture to view it in full size. Mention below is the schedule in case the picture above is not clear or the text is not readable.
Leh Ladakh Bus Service
All these buses reach their respective destination on the mentioned days and make the return journey the next day. So you can actually use the same bus to go back to Leh that you arrived with.
Leh to Saboo Bus – Two Buses daily at 8 AM and 5 PM. Fare per person is Rs. 20
Leh to Mudh Village – There \is bus from Leh to Mudh every Wednesday at 9.00 AM. Fare per person is Rs.297.
Leh to Choushot – Daily bus at 8.00 AM and 4.30 PM. Fare per person is Rs. 25
Leh to Tso Moriri Bus Service – There are still only three buses to Tso Moriri from Leh, on 10th, 20th and 30th of every month. It starts from Leh at 6.30 AM and fare per person is Rs. 370.
Leh to Chumathang Bus – There is a direct bus from Leh to Chumathang on every alternate Saturday. Fare per person is Rs. 214 and the bus starts from Leh at 12 PM.
Nubra Valley Bus Schedule
The below mentioned buses travel to Nubra Valley from Leh
- Leh to Turtuk Bus – There is a weekly bus to Turtuk every Saturday from Leh at 6 AM. Fare per person is Rs. 316
- Leh to Skuru Bus – One Bus every Tuesday at 6 AM from Leh. Fare per person is Rs. 256.
- Leh to Diskit Bus – One Bus every Saturday at 6 AM from Leh. Fare per person is Rs. 197.
Pangong Tso Bus Schedule
All of the below mentioned buses can be used to reach Pangong Lake from Leh. The first one is the direct bus to Leh which will drop passengers at Spangmik. Rest are buses to other villages near the lake.
- Leh to Pangong Bus – There are four buses every week from Leh to Pangong on every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 6.00 AM. Fare per person is Rs. 270.
- Leh to Chushul Bus – One Bus every Wednesday at 6.30 AM from Leh. Fare per person is Rs. 394.
- Leh to Chushul Bus via Merak – Every Sunday at 6.30 AM. Fare per person is Rs. 406.
- Leh to Phobrang Bus – Weekly Bus on Saturday at 7.00 AM from Leh. Fare per person is Rs. 300.
- Leh to Koyul Bus – One Bus every Tuesday at 6.30 AM. Fare per person is Rs. 473.
- Leh to Hanle Bus – This is written as Hunleh on the board. This is a weekly bus from Leh to Hanle at 6.30 AM every Saturday. Fare is Rs. 492 per person
- Leh to Tsaga Bus – Every Friday from at Leh 9.00 AM. Fare per person is Rs. 356
- Leh to Tangtse Bus – This bus runs three times a week; on every Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday, at 6.30 AM from Leh. Fare per person is Rs. 186.
Buses from Ladakh
Below is the schedule of Buses that you can take from Leh city for your return journey home via Manali or Srinagar.
Leh to Srinagar Bus – There is a daily bus from Leh to Srinagar. It starts at 2.00 PM from Leh, runs non-stop all night and arrives at Srinagar the next morning between 7.00 to 9.00 AM. Fare per person is Rs. 1,058.
Leh to Keylong Bus – The schedule of this is not updated because Manali Leh highway is not yet open. This is a daily bus that starts from Leh at 6.00 AM and arrives at Keylong by 7.00 PM. This is the bus that you will use for your journey to Manali. After arriving at Keylong, you will board a bus for Manali from there the next morning. Fare for Leh to Keylong is around Rs. 500 and then another Rs. 175 for Keylong to Manali.
Leh to Kargil Bus – This is again a daily bus from Leh. It starts at 6.30 AM from Leh and arrives at Kargil by afternoon. Fare per person is Rs. 578
Leh to Manali Semi Deluxe Bus – It is updated on the board but this bus is not really available.
Leh to Jammu Bus – It too is mentioned there on the board but this service too does not exist. There is no direct bus between Leh to Jammu. You will have to break the journey between Leh to Srinagar and then Srinagar tO Jammu by two different buses.
I hope the information above was of help. If you need any questions, or need any further details; please feel free to ask in the comment section below; or at our Community Forum; and I will be glad to answer.