I have always used a 5 or 7 channel speaker system for as long as I could remember. I think the last 2 channel speakers I owned was more than a decade ago. Recently I upgraded my CPU to something that was top-notch and it did cost me a lot of money. I had been a regular customer at the same computer shop for a long time so when I had the entire new CPU assembled by him again, just to sweeten the deal, the shop owner gifted me an F&D A110 speaker system. Yes you read it right, I got it for free but trust me, the amount of money I paid him for assembling the CPU ….. phew !!!
As I mentioned, I had always been using 5 or 7 channel speakers so I was bound to not like a 2 way speakers but I will keep this review honest for the sake of anyone who really needs a simple speakers with good sound quality.
Let us take a look at specifications.
- Brand: F&D
- Type: Multimedia speaker
- Channel Configuration: 2.1
- Package includes: One subwoofer, two satellite speakers and cable set
- Chassis Material: Wood
- 3000W PMPO
- Total Power Output RMS: 35W
- Maximum Output RMS: 13W (subwoofer); 11W (each satellite speaker)
- 4″ full range driver for satellites speaker, 4″ bass driver for subwoofer
- Heavy duty metal grill for satellite
- Built in AVR (Automatic Voltage Regulator) for wide main operating voltage range
- High efficient energy saving design for Low Power Consumption
- Side panel controls for volume and bass
- Green LED power on indicator
- Wooden cabinet delivers strong and low distortion bass
- Easy connection to DVD, TV, PC, MP3, etc.
- Item Weight 2.9 Kg
- Product Dimensions 35.8 x 25.6 x 25.4 cm
- Item model number A110
- Speakers Nominal Output Power 11 Watts
- Speaker Surround Sound Channel Configuration 2.1 channel
- Speaker Connectivity wired
- Wattage 35 Watts
- Batteries Included No
- Batteries Required No
- Connector Type Wired
- Includes AC Adapter No
- Supports Bluetooth Technology Yes
For the sake of testing the speakers, I connected them to the computer audio output, not the sound card that I additionally had installed. The best part with this product is that the price is not really that high. I know there are other speakers as well for the same price rang but for this money, you will get a decent enough sound quality, there won’t really be any disappointment. It is more or less a very basic speaker system that does the job of playing music or movies, just do not expect something really too big out of it.
The sound quality isn’t really out of the world but not too bad either. The bass however does disappoint. It is really suppressed and if you tune it up, it starts to affect the overall voice quality. It is not really good for plugging in a microphone as well because then the speakers start to produce a horrible static sound and you would either have to tune down bass all the way or reduce volume. Another drawback is no remote. Every time you want to make changes to volume or bass, you would have to reach to the backside of the woofer. Build quality of the speakers is OK and the satellites look trendy sitting on the table.
My final verdict is that it is a very basic speaker system that will not disappoint you as long as you are not expecting something mind blowing. If you just need couple of speakers for your computer table that you can listen to music on with low volume and no extra beats or thumping, go for it.